White Whale Web Design (“White Whale Web Design”, “we”, “us”, “our”) operates the website located at the URL whitewhalewebdesign.com; we also operate a Facebook page (White Whale Web Design), Instagram account (@whitewhalewebdesign) and distribute content via email. Our operations in theis Cookies Policy will be referred to as the “Website”. Our Cookies Policy applies when you use our Website and Products/Services. This Cookies Policy constitutes an agreement between you, the visitor (“Visitor”, “Client”), and White Whale Web Design, governing your access and use of the Website and Products/Services. It is important that you read this Cookies Policy carefully before you start using our Website and/or our Products/Services and any website you use in general.
The information we collect from you is segmented into two categories:
1) Personal Information: information you voluntarily provide when you use our tools, subscribe, complete a survey, order/purchase or provide your email address.
2) Tracking Information: information we collect as you navigate through our website including service provider information, IP Address and additional information that is aggregated and anonymized so that is not linked to you.
We may collect personal information when a user completes a voluntary survey. Data from our surveys will generally be collected on our Website or via email. Users are primarily contacted via email with links to our online surveys, but occasionally may be contacted via telephone or mail. All collected survey data is reported and/or used aggregated and anonymized so that is not linked to you.
Tracking Information: information we collect as you navigate through our website including service provider information, IP Address and additional information that is aggregated and anonymized so that is not linked to you.
We collect information about your location based on your IP Address and voluntary information you provide us through our tools, subscriptions, surveys and orders/purchases. As is standard practice on many websites, we use your location information to provide you with customized value-added services and marketing that we think you would like. For example, we may share an upcoming event nearby based on your location and your specific preferences based on the voluntary information you provide us.
We use the information we collect to:
1) Statistical Analysis: we perform statistical, demographic and marketing analysis based on our Website users, including purchasing patterns, topic preferences and engagement patterns so we can continually improve our Website, products and services to better serve you. We also share this information internally for marketing and customer service purposes.
2) Email Marketing & Newsletters: if you voluntarily sign up to receive our emails, we periodically send you content via email. Upon initial sign up, you will receive a welcome email from us. White Whale Web Design complies fully with the federal CAM-SPAM Act of 2003. We do not intentionally share, sell, rent swap or authorize any third-party use of your email address for any use outside of the information we provide to complete transactional tasks such as fulfilling an order. If you feel you have received a newsletter from us in error, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you provide your email address to us as a customer or a email subscriber, we reserve the right to send you promotional emails about products or services we offer or are affiliated with events we are hosting or are affiliated with or other types of promotional emails we may send. You can opt out of these emails at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the promotional email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe” notated in the subject line.
3) Emails, Postal Mailings & SMS Text Messaging: where you have consented (or not opted-out of, as applicable), we add your information to our databases to contact you for future emails, postal mailings and SMS text messaging regarding upcoming events, new products, Website updates and/or the status of an order you have placed.
White Whale Web Design does not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third-party to use your email address without your permission. If you purchase a product or service from us, we may share your information with third-parties to fulfill your order, however we will not sell your or rent your email address to third-parties.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal identifiable information. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We strive to protect your personal identifiable information within industry standards, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To further protect your data, we recommend that you use complex passwords for any account related to White Whale Web Design or accounts related to third-party companies. Please do not use the same password you use with accounts related to White Whale Web Design, that you are using for other third-party accounts and do not share your passwords with unauthorized people.
If you believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, contact us immediately and we will delete your personal identifiable information from our databases. You may contact us at email@example.com with “Security Concerns” notated in the subject line.
We for no longer than is necessary to fulfill your requests and/or provide you with a quality and enjoyable experience on our Website. We will retain your information for any period of time required by law. Where we are not under legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine based on our legitimate interests when to delete your personal information. If you have any questions about how long we keep your data and/or would like us to remove your personal identifiable information for our databases, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Retention Removal” notated in the subject line.
The content and services provided by us or our affiliates, sponsors and advertisers including without limitation the Website, are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 and you should not access our content or services if you are under the age of 18. No information is knowingly collected or retained from children under the age of 18, nor is such information knowingly used for promotional or marketing purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside of the Website. White Whale Web Design makes no effort to attract users under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any White Whale Web Design services provided by us. We ask that no child under the age of 18 provide personal identifiable information to us or visit the website.
If you would like to be opted out of our marketing list and do not want us to send you email, postal mail or any other messages about our products or services you can opt out at any time. To do so, please send an email to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” notated in the subject line.
If you would like to opt out of our “cookies” please visit our Cookies Policy here.