Facebook Business Do's & Don'ts [Updated 2019]
Published: May 1, 2019
1. Do use a recognizable high-quality image (like your brand logo) for your profile picture
Your Facebook Business page should be branded and easily identifiable
2. Do build a community
Humanize your business by creating a community on your Facebook Business Page and post relevant content that engages with your audience (i.e. promotions, surveys, Q&A session, etc.). Actively listen and interact with your audience
3. Do give your business a voice that mirrors your brand’s personality.
Make it easy for your audience to engage and interact with you
4. Do create a Facebook strategy that aligns with your business’s goals.
What do you want to accomplish and how are you going to measure success?
1. Don’t only post content focused on promotions and products.
Instead post content that’s related to building relationships with your audience and post promotional content occasionally
2. Don’t leave your “About Us” section blank.
Use this area to highlight your business (think elevator pitch) and include relevant information about your business (business hours, contact info, website link, etc.) and make sure to give your audience a call to action!
3. Don’t ignore your competition.
Pay attention to the types of posts your competition are posting and which are getting high engagement/which are getting low engagement. How does your strategy differ and what can you do better than what they are doing?